City of Prior Lake, MN
City of Prior Lake, MN

E- Permits


Prior Lake City Hall (lower level)
4646 Dakota St. SE
Prior Lake, MN 55372


Building Inspections
  (952) 447-9850


Minnesota Valley Electric Co. (MVEC)
  (952) 492-2313
Shakopee Public Utilities
  (952) 445-1988
Xcel Energy
  (800) 895-4999
See the Map Center for service areas.


Centerpoint Energy
  (612) 372-4720


  (952) 226-7000
Century Link
(866) 777-1670

Telephone Service Area Map

We are excited to announce that The City of Prior Lake will be implementing the ability to apply for permits online with the new BS&A website.

To benefit from the features that BS&A provides, you must create an on-line BS&A account and link it with the contractor record that is established in our Building Department software.  This allows you to apply for and see your permit history in The City of Prior Lake.  Please email a request to include your company name, a contact, your address, phone number, email, and contractor’s license number. We will reply with directions on how to create and link your account to the City of Prior Lake.

How do I create an on-line (BS&A) account?

Please go to: and follow the registration process.  You will be sent an email once your account is created.  Once you have clicked on the link in the email your account will be activated. 

Once I’ve created the account, how do I link it with the municipality?

  1. While logged into your BS&A account, click on the “Municipalities” button found in the right-hand corner of your screen.
  2. Search for and click on City of Prior Lake
  3. Under the Building Department heading (in the tree on the left of your screen), click on View My Activity.
  4. From here, click on the yellow ‘I have a pin’ link and enter your pin #. This pin will link your BS&A account with your City of Prior Lake contractor account.
  5.  PLEASE remember to include your email address. 

Once you have created and linked your account, you will be able to log into BS&A at any time to view your activity history and apply for permits Online. 

Note: There is a 2.75% credit card convenience fee that is retained by Point and Pay that is not reflected on your receipt.

Planning to Dig?
If you're planning to do any digging in connection with your building project, you must contact Gopher State One Call, (651) 454-0002, to arrange for utility companies to mark buried utility lines in your yard. This service is free, but you should call at least 48 hours before digging.